Employment Opportunity at Heritage
Surrounding yourself with exceptional human beings can change your life into a position of strength. We know talented individuals have many employment opportunities to choose from while they are in their own journey to a successful career.
We support the pursuits of our staff, to help them reach their aspirations and that is why we think you may belong here. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business. It is a passion felt throughout our firm, and it is a real part of our family way of life.
Our company strives to achieve the maximum potential of excellence to serve our clients. Above all, we highly value and protect our reputation of distinct professionalism while holding a family-oriented ambiance. Our eye-catching architecturally beautiful self-standing building, in addition to being a statement of credibility it represents the concept of the quality our firm stands for and the caliber of the service we expect our team to provide to our clients.
Our main focus is providing excellent accounting and tax services to our customers. For over thirty years, our team has progressively gained priceless experience in all various aspects of this industry. This impresses new interviewers and retains 100% of our satisfied and happy customers. We are experiencing an impressive consistent yearly growth and we are committed to sustain and exceed this expansion.
We know how to grow our business and invite team players to be part of this career opportunity. In comparison to other firms, we strongly believe there is always a way to further improve, educate or challenge yourself. By doing so, we can together provide superior service.
Position: Full Charge Bookkeeper / Junior Tax Preparer
Job Qualification Responsibility Duty:
- Full charge bookkeeping skills working on Quick Books.
- Minimum education requirement high school diploma further education or certification as a full charge bookkeeper or an associate's or bachelor's degree in a field such as accounting or business
- Longevity on employment history required
- Minimum experience 5 years
- Previous experience as a full charge bookkeeper at CPA firm
- Bank reconciliation
- Accounts payable & Accounts receivable
- General ledger through financial statements
- Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written
- Working very closely with clients
- Excellent organizational, follow-up, professionalism, dependable, excellent accuracy, attention to detail and someone who is a fast learner
- Works independently and capable of supervising others
- Motivated and self –starter
- Lives locally Davie-FL area
- Basic knowledge of 1040 individuals
- 1120 S Corporations
- Candidate should be familiar with a paperless system
Position: Tax Manager /Junior Auditor
Job Skills Responsibility Requirements and Duties:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, CPA preferred or MA in taxation.
- Good oral and written communication
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Lacerte tax software.
- Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software desired
- Hands-on management of client engagements by reviewing or preparing client financial statements, preparing tax returns; recommending federal, state, local, and foreign tax strategies; researching tax strategies; developing new business; supervising staff
- Minimum of five years of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a Public CPA firm or private company
- Proven longevity as experienced tax manager.
- Accomplish office objectives by training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling employees team, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Accomplish engagements by planning and supplying resources; determining project deadlines; reviewing and approving recommendations and solutions.
- Summarizes financial status of clients by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements
- Analytic and detail oriented able to recommend tax strategies, plans, and solutions by understanding client's business requirements identifying, reviewing, and researching federal, state, local, and foreign taxation issues. Implement tax strategies that align with clients' business objectives.
- Prepares federal, state, local, and foreign tax documents by approving preparation of work papers, positions, schedules, returns, and IRS filings, including those for subsidiaries; reviewing payroll, property, sales and use, and income taxes.
- Manages client engagement expectations by communicating engagement status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; approving reports.
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, and Nonprofit)
- Review compiled financial statements for corporations, not-for-profit entities, partnerships and individuals including work papers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliation and client’s books and records.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and non-consolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non Profit Organization
- Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusion.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquiries, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquiries and tax notices
- Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Delivers exceptional client services and develops excellent relationships
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, and management and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Develops business by expanding existing relationships with clients; participating in civic, business, and professional organizations
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Develops potential referral sources to bring new business to the firm to improve the historical consistent growth of our firm
- Responsible for the professional and technical development of the staff through on-the-job-interaction and leading in-house training as necessary.
- Perform all tasks related to client service and see that assignments are accomplished by the engagement team accurately and within the allotted time frame
- Assist in managing and coordinating audit commitments and deadlines.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Examine records and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Review client accounts, and conduct audits on-site, by correspondence, or by summoning client to office.
- Candidate should be familiar with a paperless system.